The goal of fully evaluating the vestibular system is to determine the cause of dizziness, disequilibrium or vertigo and provide key information for the management of these systems. If you have experienced any of the following symptoms or conditions, please contact us for a vestibular evaluation.
- Spinning or whirling sensation
- Lightheaded, floating or rocking sensation
- Imbalance, stumbling, difficulty walking straight or when turning
- Trouble focusing or tracking objects with the eyes
- Discomfort from busy visual environments
- Sensitivity to light, glare, and moving or flickering lights
- Sensitivity to loud sounds
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)
- Meniere’s disease
- Superior semicircular canal dehiscence
- Vestibular neuritis and labyrinthitis
We use Videonystagmograhy (VNG) testing to evaluate the inner ear by measuring eye movements. This procedure will help us to determine if inner ear may be causing your balance symptoms. This test shows us whether both inner ears of balance are equally strong. We will ask you to follow moving lights with your eyes. We will have you lay down on a table the same way you would in bed. Lastly, we will gently flow warm or cool water/air in your ears and record your eye movements. This set of tests lasts approximately 1 hour.
Contact Us or Call Today: (888) 531-6036